a fridge [fricfe]
1. Andy Mills’ family lives in a small English town. Here is their house.
D ш m Vocabulary, What rooms are there in the house?
a wardrobe 1мК1а cupboard
I have got a small house in Andy’s room. It’s a VERY small cage.
2) What is there in the rooms?
3) f^i Do you like this house?
I like the house I don’t like the house
the kitchen the living room the bedrooms the bathroom
4) Щ Let’s play. «A funny house»,
They keep food on the bed in the bathroom. It is silly. I think they should keep food in the fridge in the kitchen.
It is silly. It is dangerous. It is funny.
It is nice. Really?
1. They 2. Andy 3. Andy’s mum 4. Andy’s dad 5. Ashley 6. Sparky
1. keep(s) food 1. on the sofa 1. in the kitchen.
2. make(s) lunch 2. in the fridge 2. in the living room.
3. sit(s) 3. in the wardrobe 3. in the bathroom.
4. put(s) books 4. in the cupboards 4. in the bedroom.
5. have(has) a snack 5. on the carpet 5. on the floor.
6. put(s) the clothes 6. on the cooker 6. near the door.
They keep my food in the box in the cupboard in the kitchen downstairs. But I live UPSTAIRS.
2. Andy’s house was different.
BL What was there in it? (AB ex. 1)
3. Andy’s friends Alex, Emily and Dan like their houses, too.
Listen to their stories. Match the pictures with the stories. (LLN No. 1)
4. What have you got in your house/flat? (LLN No. 2)
I like my house/flat. There are …
I like my room because … I have got a …, … , … and … I put my … in the … But I haven’t got a … ……………………………………………… a flat
5. All about me. «Our house/flat» (No. 8). Activity Book ex. 2, Reader ex. 1. (LLN No. We have made ^^^Hr changes in my room
1. Andy is talking with his friend Oliver. 1) В [H What is new in Andy’s room?
Oliver, you haven’t seen my new house. Look!
Oliver: Oh, your room has changed. изменилась
Andy: Yes, it has. This computer is new.
My Dad has bought it. купил
He hasn’t bought a printer, but не купил he will … I hope. Oliver: My Dad bought a computer and купил
a printer last month. Andy: It’s nice.
Past Simple or Present Perfect
Когда говорят о свершившемся действии и при этом
важно время, произошло,
важен его результат, а
не время, когда оно произошло,
2) Andy’s parents like redecorating their house.
What does Andy say about the changes in their house? Choose the correct verb form.
decorate — отделывать (дом, комнату) redecorate — заново отделать paint — красить repaint — перекрасить
Mum (bought/has bought) a new carpet for the living room. It is beautiful.
Yesterday Dad (repainted/has repainted) the door. Ashley (drew/has drawn) posters for the kitchen. They make the room special.
She (painted/has painted) the kitchen door white. Now she (paints/is painting) cartoon characters on the kitchen door.
Look! Sparky (eats/is eating) the poster! I (forgot/have forgotten) to feed him yesterday.
3) Guess who has helped to redecorate Ara, s room.
Don’t forget that Sparky is not a good helper.
The mother The father Andy Ashley
The aunt and the uncle
The grandparents Sparky the parrot
bought a computer table
repainted the cupboard.
painted two pictures.
made a table lamp.
put a bigger carpet on
4) Listen to Ashley. Did you guess right?
2. Ashley would like to make changes in her room, too. Here is her plan.
1) What does she want to do?
repaint the wardrobe V draw red apples on the door V repaint the cupboard buy a new red lamp V
change the posters V put a red carpet on the floor
2) T> What has she done? What hasn’t she done?
/ She has repainted the wardrobe. But she hasn’t ; I repainted the cupboard. ………/
3) 34 What has changed in your or your friend’s room/ flat/house?
3. ЗЯ Щ Let’s sing. «The haunted house hip hop». (AB ex. 2)
4. r Activity Book ex. 3, Reader ex. 2.
1. «The Tale of Two Bad Mice» by Beatrix Potter* is about a girl who had a doll’s house. Two dolls lived in the house.
1) Ц The paragraphs of the tale are not in the correct order. Put the paragraphs in the correct order and find what was there in the house. (LLN No. 4)
A. Then Tom Thumb* looked into the wardrobe in Jane’s room, took Jane’s clothes and threw them out of the window. Hunca Munca took a chair, a bookcase, a bird cage, and Lucinda’s clothes downstairs. The bookcase and the bird cage didn’t go into the mouse-hole. Hunca Munca left them on the floor. But she took the bedclothes into the mouse-hole.
B. One morning Lucinda and Jane went out for a walk in the doll’s car. Suddenly two mice came. They were Tom Thumb and Hunca Munca. The mice went to the doll’s house. They opened the door and went upstairs. They saw meat, a fish, a cake, and some oranges on the table. The mice were happy! Tom Thumb took the meat. He wanted to eat the meat but it was not easy. Suddenly the meat broke. Under the paint it was clay! Tom Thumb and Hunca Munca broke up the cake, the fish, and the oranges.
C. The doll’s house was red with white windows and a door. It was very beautiful. It was the house of two dolls, Lucinda and Jane.
D. Suddenly the little girl came. The mice ran away into their hole.
hole — нора
window [‘windsu] — окно mouse-hole — ?
suddenly — неожиданно leave (left; left) — оставлять throw [9гэи] (threw; thrown) — бросать break [breik] (broke; broken) — ломать(ся)
2) Reading rules. The girl comes into the room.
Ш What will you tell the girl about what has happened? Choose the correct variant (a, b or c).
a. Tom has taken Jane’s clothes into the mouse-hole.
b. Tom has thrown Jane’s clothes out of the window.
c. Tom the mouse has broken the house.
a. Hunca Munca has taken the chair from upstairs.
b. She has taken the bookcase and the cage into her hole.
c. She has left the dresses on the bed.
a. Tom Thumb has eaten the meal.
b. He has taken the cake from the table.
c. The mice have made a cake.
3) It is «The Tale of Two Bad Mice». Why has it got this name? Ш Щ What did the mice do in the house? (LLN No. 6)
break [breik] и (broke; broken) ломать(ся); to ~ up разбивать
take [teik] v (took; taken) брать; to — away
throw [9гэи] v (threw; thrown) бросать; to ~ out выбрасывать
2. r Activity Book ex. 1, Reader ex. 3.
1. Andy’s parents think that first Andy must tidy his room, then he can go on the computer. They always control him.
1) SШ What questions are the parents asking Andy?
Mum: Have you put your clothes in the wardrobe?
Andy: No, I haven’t.
Mum: Have you tidied your desk?
Andy: No, I haven’t.
Mum: What have you done?
Andy: I have fed Sparky a little.
to tidy — убирать a tidy room — ?
2) Can Andy go on the computer now?
Как спросить о свершившихся действиях (Present Perfect: Questions)
I have tidied the room. Have you tidied your desk?
Yes, I have. No,
What have you done?
3) Here are some other questions Andy’s mum often asks Andy. What are they?
cleaned the dishes? done your homework?
Have you made your bedroom?
Has Ashley put your bed?
tidied Sparky’s cage?
washed your toys in the boxes?
4) Щ Listen to Andy’s answers. What has he done? What has Ashley done?
5) Щ Do you keep your room tidy? Tell Andy what questions your parents ask you.
6) EL What has changed near Andy’s house? (AB ex. 1)
2. Pair work. Andy and Ashley have written lists of things to do about the house. Have they done a lot? (LLN No. 7)
Say what Andy has done. Ask what Ashley has done.
Andy’s list to tidy the room to wash father’s car V to buy food for Sparky to put the books away V to clean the carpet
Say what Ashley has done. Ask what Andy has done.
to clean the room V
to wash father’s car
to buy food for Sparky V to put clothes away
to clean the carpet V
Andy hasn’t tidied the room. Has Ashley tidied the room?