1. Видовременная система английского глагола
Выберите правильный вариант.
1 .When Mark arrived, the Johnsons_dinner, but
stopped in order to talk to him.
a) were having c) had been having
b) had d) was having
2. While Tom_a book, Marhta_TV.
a) was reading, watched c) was reading, was watching
b) read, watched d) read, was watching
3. The food that Ann is cooking in the kitchen_delicious.
a) is smelling c) smelt
b) smells d) will smell
4. We called our friends in London yesterday to tell them about the reunion that we_
a) will plan c) plan
b) were planning d) have planned
5. Catherine is studying law at the university, and so_
a) is c) was
b) does d) were
6.1 feel terrible. I think I_to be sick.
a) will c) am going
b) go d) will be going
7. My colleagues usually_four days a week, and tills
week they_five days.
a) work, work c) are working, are working
b) are working, work d) work, are working
8. It_outside; 1 do not like to walk in such weather.
a) rains c) is raining
b) is rain d) is rained
9. I_a very difficult day tomorrow. I need to prepare
for the exam.
a) will have c) have
b) am having d) would have
10. At 10 o’clock in the morning on Wednesday Tom_
a delegation in the office.
a) will receive c) will be receiving
b) is receiving d) would receive
11. Although the sun was shining, it was still cold, because it_hard for two hours.
a) had been raining c) had rained
b) was raining d) is raining
12. She_at the parcel long enough, before she_
that it was for her brother.
a) had been looking, had understood
b) had been looking, understood
c) was looking, understood
d) was looking, had understood
13.1_to the cinema but my friend persuaded me to stay.
a) am not going c) did not go
b) was going d) had been going
14. We were good friends, we_each other for years.
a) had known c) were knowing
b) had knowing d) know
15. We were extremely tired at the end of the journey. We_for more than 24 hours.
a) had travelled c) had been travelling
b) were travelling d) travel
16. How long_this book? How many pages of this
a) have you been reading, have you been reading
b) have you read, have you read
c) have you read, you read
d) have you been reading, have you read
17. We always go to Saint Petersburg for our holidays. We_there for years.
a) have been going c) go
b) are going d) were going
18. I have lost my key again. I_things. I lose things
a) always lose c) have always lost
b) am always losing d) was always losing
19. The economic situation is already very bad and it_
a) is getting c) got
b) gets d) would be getting
20. What time_your friend_tomorrow?
a) will arrive c) will be arriving
b) is arrived d) will arriving
Выберите правильный вариант.
1. We_to the top of Holborn Hill before I_
that he was not smiling at all.
a) had got, knew c) were getting, knew
b) got, knew d) have got, have known
2. Turning from the Temple gate as soon as I_the
warning, I_my way to Fleet Street, and then_
to Covent Garden.
a) was reading, made, drove
b) have read, made, drove
c) had read, made, drove
d) read, made, drove
3. Seventy-seven detective novels and books of stories by
Agatha Christie_into every major language, and
her sales_in tens of millions.
a) are translated, are calculated
b) were translated, were calculated
c) have been translated, are calculated
d) had been translated, were calculated
4. In recent years, scientific and technological developments _human life on our planet, as well as our views both
of ourselves as individuals in society and of the universe as a whole.
a) have drastically changed c) are drastically changing
b) drastically changed d) change drastically
5. Before we_from swimming in the river near the
camp, someone_our clothes, and we had to walk
back with our towels around us.
a) returned, stole c) were returning, stole
b) had returned, had stolen d) returned, had stolen
6. Our new neighbours_in Arizona for ten years before moving to their present house.
a) had been living c) have been living
b) lived d) were living